Catalytic Lamp and Refills
Catalytic lamp: the secret to eliminating dust mites and improving air quality in your home
The catalytic lamp is a popular product in aromatherapy and home decoration. It works on the basis of catalytic combustion and is capable of eliminating 99% of dust mites, smoke particles, tobacco and bacteria. Moreover, catalytic lamps are a decorative element that adapts to different spaces.
How a catalytic lamp works
Catalytic lamps have three main components: the burner, the wick and the catalytic liquid. Together, these elements work to clean the air and create a pleasant, smelling atmosphere in your home.
The burner is the top part of the catalytic lamp, where the wick is placed. Essentially, it acts as a catalyst for the combustion reaction that takes place in the lamp. Catalytic combustion is a special form of combustion that occurs at low temperatures, and is what allows the catalytic lamp to have multiple health and wellness benefits.
The wick is the element that is lit in the catalytic lamp, and is what starts the catalytic combustion. It is made of cotton that has been impregnated with the catalytic liquid, and the flame of the wick is what allows the catalytic combustion to take place. The wick should be replaced on a regular basis to ensure optimal use of the catalytic lamp.
The catalytic liquid
The catalytic liquid is a special liquid that is ignited with the wick and allows catalytic combustion to begin. It also contains a pleasant fragrance that diffuses throughout the room and binds with the particles in the air to clean and purify it. Catalytic liquids are available in different fragrances and you can choose the one you like best to create a pleasant atmosphere in your home.
Benefits of catalytic lamps
Catalytic lamps are a popular product thanks to their ability to purify the air in your home. Here we show you the different benefits they offer you:
- They work through catalytic combustion, which makes them capable of eliminating 99% of dust mites, tobacco smoke particles, bacteria and 96% of mould particles.
- In addition, the catalytic lamp does not emit unpleasant odours and does not produce pollutants such as carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide.
- By purifying the air in our home, catalytic lamps help us to breathe better and improve air quality.
Elimination of bacteria, dust mites and airborne particles
- Catalytic lamps are especially recommended for people with respiratory problems such as allergies and asthma. In addition to removing airborne particles, they also remove harmful microorganisms that can affect our health.
- Some of the particles removed are pollen, pet dander and bad smells, among others.
Aromatherapy and ambience
- Another benefit of catalytic lamps is that they allow the use of fragrances, which makes them a decorative and functional element in the home.
- The catalytic lamp allows us to enjoy different aromas and atmospheres in our home, creating warm and cosy spaces.
- Thanks to the variety of fragrances available, it is possible to choose the one that best suits our needs and personal tastes.
Fragrances for catalytic lamps
Catalytic lamps not only have a purifying effect on the air, but are also excellent for creating a pleasant fragrance in a room. Nowadays, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some of the most popular fragrances:
- Red Berries: A soft, floral fragrance, which creates a relaxing and calming atmosphere. An excellent choice for the bedroom.
- Fresh Air: Ideal if you want to create a comforting and energising atmosphere.
- Cedarwood: This fragrance is perfect for winter, with a warm and spicy touch.
How to use the catalytic lamp
Before using the catalytic lamp, it is important to make sure it is clean and dry. It is recommended to clean it once a month with warm water and neutral soap, but never use abrasive products or alcohol. After cleaning, it is left to dry in the open air for a few hours. Once it is clean and dry, it is filled with catalytic fluid. It is important to use a dosing funnel to avoid spillage and to fill it up to the indicated line. Close the lamp with the metal cap and leave it to stand for about 20 minutes. During this time, the cotton wick will absorb the catalytic liquid and is ready for use.
Switching on and off
To ignite the catalytic lamp, remove the closed metal cap and replace it with the cap with holes. Light the wick with a match or a lighter and let it burn for about 2-3 minutes until the flame is visible. At this point, the flame can be extinguished and the plug with holes can be replaced by the closed metal plug. The lamp will continue to function due to the catalytic combustion of the wick. When you want to extinguish the lamp, simply replace the closed metal plug with the plug with holes. The lamp will go out immediately.
How to refill the catalytic liquid
To refill the catalytic liquid, wait until the wick has cooled down completely. Remove the closed metal cap and fill the lamp with catalytic liquid up to the indicated line. Close it again with the closed metal cap and let it stand for about 20 minutes before using it again. It is important to remember that the catalytic lamp should be used for short periods of time, about 20-30 minutes, to obtain the best results and not saturate the environment with fragrance. In addition, it should be kept out of the reach of children and pets, and never used near flammable objects.